Monday, June 20, 2011

God's vows - Wedding vows III

GOD’s Vows.

My children, I knew you before you were formed. I loved you even when you were a thought in my mind, when I hadn’t yet created you. I have watched you grow, big and strong. I have watched you fall in love with the partner I had chosen for you. I know you had been hurt before but when you cried I wiped your tears. I knew the best was yet to come.

Thank you for praying and consulting me about your partner. It’s a good thing you prayed for them before you met them and are still praying for them. My vow to you is if you keep me at the center of your love connection, the foundation of your home then I will get you through to the end.

Always remember 1 Corinthians 13. Drill those words into your mind, your heart; let it be the center of your love. Love is not perfect and neither is marriage but if you put the other above yourself then you will work things out. Love is not a feeling; it’s a decision so choose to love your partner, to love them with all their faults. After all you’re not perfect but I love you anyway. Learn to forgive for that is one of the roots of a long marriage.

Always remember I am here for you. Talk to me when you have problems in your marriage instead of telling the whole neighborhood and the whole clan. Remember you are one so you should agree and not let outside forces divide you. Listen and be slow to anger but be quick to understand and you will go far.

Remember I love you and am so excited that you’re in love, honouring your vows before me. Honour those vows always through sickness and health, through riches and poverty, through the good times and bad times.

I, your God will always be your protector, your rock if you build the foundation of your marriage on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment