Friday, April 1, 2011

Big Big hug from a Big Big GOD.

I feel down, like giving up. My mind feels like crashing, too many thoughts, emotions and things to deal with. It would be so easy to give in to what I feel, what am going through. I could give in to pity, let it drag me down. I could be like poor me; I need some sympathy and comfort.

I choose not to, it’s very tempting and I want to. But I know better been down that road before. Instead am reaching inside of me, for the strength and resolve I have in me. I choose not to give up; I choose not to look at the storms inside and around me.

I choose to look up to a God who said he will take my burdens from me if I will let him. Even though things may not be going my way he has a great plan. He says "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for good and not to hurt you. Plans for hope and a good future. Jeremiah 29:11"

I choose to trust that he will get me though because I know I can’t get through this alone. I have tried it before and things did not go the way I planned. But when I have trusted that God is watching out for me and is taking care of me I get through it. So I lean on the cross and let it hold my burdens. Then I can afford to smile again.

God I need a big favor right now. I need a Big, Big hug from a Big Big God. Like the one the Cadbury mug gives the person to cheer them up. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. The great joy and comfort of knowing that God loves us the same and that there is nothing we can do to make him love us more or less.

    ReplyDelete