Monday, May 28, 2012

Truth or Dare?


Should I tell the truth,
About what makes my heart beat,
Or should I dare to dream,
That out of these ashes something beautiful might spring?
I would love to believe I am a Phoenix,
Rising from the ashes,
but I don't know if I am strong enough,
Like an ostrich I want to bury my head in the sand,
Maybe then I will not have to deal with the truth.
Truth is I sold my soul out to love,
And I don't know if I can get it back.
Innocence is such a beautiful scent,
And I wore it well,
but I played a game that was more sophisticated then I.
I did not have a poker face,
I wore my heart on my sleeve,
but I didn't know that this game,
Requires one's cards to be kept close to one's heart.
Surprises galore,
Not everything you see is what it seems,
Some bluff, and some are playing for real.
So now I got my 3rd degree burns,
And I got bad cards.
I got hustled by a Joker,
but I am still a Queen of hearts.
I will play this game,
Maybe yesterday wasn't my day,
But today may surprise me,
One day I will dare,
And I will win,
Because truth is love is the biggest gamble of all.


Raylitpoems 2012

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete